For 65 years, Pathfinder has supported women, young people, and communities by expanding access to sexual and reproductive health care and opening the door to thriving opportunities.
Today, Pathfinder lives and works in more than 20 countries in Africa, South Asia, and the Middle East, building trusted networks of reproductive health services for millions of people worldwide every year. Pathfinder is steadfast in their conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, exist free from fear and stigma, and lead their lives as they choose.
About the Role
The Deputy Chief of Innovation and Engagement is a dynamic professional responsible for leading and overseeing Pathfinder’s revenue strategy in alignment with the organisation’s vision of country-led transition. With a proactive and entrepreneurial mindset, this role actively explores various avenues for revenue generation in the evolving development landscape. Working closely with the Chief Innovation and Engagement Officer, senior management, country leaders, and business functions, the deputy will identify opportunities, develop plans, and coordinate resources to grow, diversify, and expand revenue and programme portfolio, advancing Pathfinder’s mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Refine and implement Pathfinder’s private sector engagement strategy, establish pathways for engagement, and foster strategic partnerships to develop innovative and shared-value initiatives for non-traditional revenue streams.
- Identify and analyse market trends and develop new business opportunities by researching and advising on new market entries.
- Develop internal strategies to address gaps and create opportunities for Pathfinder in new markets.
- Propose and manage the execution of campaigns targeted to promote Pathfinder’s work and attract potential clients.
- Enhance relationships with existing donors, including USAID, foundations, and multilateral/bilateral interests.
- Oversee and manage the development and execution of country and regional strategic revenue and growth plans in partnership with technical, country and business units to achieve revenue targets.
- Support the development and execution of Pathfinder’s Individual Giving Unit Strategy.
- Under the Chief of Innovation and Engagement, establish short and long-term strategies and revenue forecasting.
- Establish mitigation plans for potential revenue shortfalls.
- Report regularly to the CEO, Presidents, and Board, updating them on revenue goals, performance, and plans.
Stakeholder Outreach and Management:
- Leverage extensive international and local contacts and partner organisations to identify partnership opportunities.
- Develop strategies to establish Pathfinder’s presence in non-traditional donor spaces.
- Enhance existing relationships with donors and investors.
- Actively engage and participate with donor and investor spaces, advocating and promoting Pathfinder’s work.
- Lead partnership negotiations with international and local organisations.
- Continually broaden and reinforce relationships with partners and internal counterparts to cultivate trust and respect.
Leadership for Proposal and Bid Management:
- Lead the positioning for potential business development (BD) opportunities, mainly focused on USAID and the private sector.
- Oversee technical, strategic and BD units to ensure communication and collaboration for portfolio and programme diversification.
- Review pipeline performances and devise initiatives for improvements and capacity building as needed.
- Oversee the management of the entire business development cycle from start to finish.
Skills and Experience
- Over ten years in leadership roles, demonstrating a successful history in developing and executing business growth strategies, forging partnerships, and securing private-sector funding.
- Proven experience building and leading high-performing teams remotely.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with both non-traditional donors and investors, and major institutional donors.
- Experience networking and engaging with high-net-worth individuals.
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in French and Portuguese is an advantage.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behaviour that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with us. We expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By submitting an application, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.