About All Out
All Out is an international online movement that has brought millions of new advocates into the global movement for equality. In three years, All Out has grown from a few thousand friends and followers to more than 2,200,000 online members and tens of thousands of donors working together to shift policy and cultural norms. All Out partners with the most courageous lesbian, gay, bi, and trans (LGBT) activists around the world to launch creative, high-impact campaigns at key moments of crisis and opportunity. It gives its members ways to mobilize—online and offline—to build a world where no person has to sacrifice their freedom or dignity because of who they are or who they love.
About the Position
All Out is seeking an Executive Director to build on its 2.2 million member strong global movement to support campaigns for LGBT equality. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial, creative, and energetic leader seeking to make a significant difference in the lives of LGBT people around the world. You will be responsible for leading the All Out team and membership in changing attitudes and influencing policies on LGBT issues through digital engagement, innovative campaigning, and strategic coalition building. With organizational management experience and a keen understanding of digital media, you are an excellent communicator, fundraiser, and networker who enjoys inspiring others to action. Above all, you have a deep commitment to LGBT equality.
1. Grow the ability of All Out to support campaigns for LGBT equality:
- Build and nurture global membership and engagement via digital platforms, creative campaigning actions, and social media.
- Push international LGBT issues into the spotlight with campaigns that capture attention and use moments of crisis and opportunity to pressure decision-makers to support pro-equality policies and push against policies that criminalize or discriminate.
- Foster a strong global network of partnerships with key influencers and institutions (e.g. governments, corporations, journalists, international NGOs, grassroots NGOs, foundations) working together to win victories.
2. Represent All Out’s members worldwide with a wide variety of stakeholders:
- Maintain the credibility of All Out’s worldwide voice by connecting with people of diverse sexual orientations around the globe.
- Represent All Out’s membership and work at events, conferences, and in the media.
- Build new alliances and strategic partnerships to support All Out’s work.
3. Provide vision and thought leadership to establish the direction and objectives of All Out’s campaigns and strategic planning:
- Ensure that tactical and strategic decisions of the organization advance All Out’s mission.
- Build a thriving movement by moving members up the engagement curve to deeper participation in the movement.
4. Strengthen the organization and its infrastructure:
- Recruit diverse international talent and nurture a close-knit and high functioning team.
- Improve organizational systems, technology, and infrastructure.
5. Ensure the growth and financial independence of the organization:
- Lead the development of an effective fundraising strategy including securing resources from members, foundations, major donors, and other sources.
- Increase online fundraising, promoting the brand and increasing the membership base of small donors.
- Manage expenses and the bottom line of the organization to ensure its sustainability.
- Deeply committed to our mission of building a movement to address both the political and cultural impediments to full equality for LGBT+ people around the world.
- A seasoned and creative leader with more than eight years of professional experience and a track record of working with fast-paced, multidisciplinary teams in different international locations across cultures and time zones.
- Experienced in applying technology and digital strategies, including building technology platforms or tools that create dynamic communities and lead to recognized achievements.
- Knowledgeable in effective fundraising, especially through membership and online marketing, as well as with foundations and major donors.
- Known for your excellent judgment and ability to make decisions in high-pressure environments.
- Actively engaged in the key debates, trends, and issues affecting the sector.
- A confident and sophisticated communicator, presenter, and writer.
- Experienced in a start-up, growth business, or dynamic non-profit operating environment preferred.
- Proud of your global sensibility, global issue and policy expertise, and/or global work experience.
- Experience and skills with media, including TV appearances and op-eds, preferred.