As Director of Global Programmes, you will be joining a global federation at a moment of global momentum, when disability and inclusion is increasingly recognised as a key sustainable development goal. CBM is sought-after for their expertise and technical advice from governments, donors and civil society. Now facing a time of organisational change, the Director of Global Programmes will lead the strategic transformation of the organization across its regional hubs.
About CBM International
CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
About the Role
The Director of Global Programmes will provide leadership to CBM’s Regional Hub Directors for the delivery of CBM’s federation strategy, ensuring they are effectively managed and supported to deliver CBM’s international work at a time of major organisational change.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Chief Programme Officer, the position holder line manages CBM’s Regional Hub Directors, ensuring strong overall performance and implementation of CBM’s programmatic work at the country level, delivered in collaboration with member associations and initiative directors. The Director of Programmes oversees the establishment of CBM’s new federation strategy and operating model at the regional and country level ensuring effective change management and support to regional and country-based staff in the transition process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote understanding of CBM’s Federation Strategy and operating model at regional and country levels. Guide, coach and support staff through the process of transition into the new operating model.
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring country strategic plans are fully aligned to CBM’s federation strategy and initiative plans coupled with responsibility to review and clarify the programmatic focus and management oversight in specific intervention countries. Provide input into country strategic planning, project and programme design and approval, in accordance with the authority structure.
- Based on the priorities defined for each region, develop an annual operational plan aligned to KPIs of CBM International and ensure its effective implementation. Oversee the effective implementation of change management processes at the regional level and the planned mergers of Regional Hubs.
- Conduct annual key performance objectives and related annual performance appraisals with Regional Hub Directors. Support the review of organisational capacity requirements of country offices to match the planned breadth and scale of programming and identify capacity building priorities.
- Build and maintain relationships with CBM Member Associations and Initiative leads to further the effective implementation of CBM’s three-way collaboration with country offices. Provide effective line management of Regional Hub Directors with overall responsibility for ensuring the delivery and performance of CBM’s work in each region.
- Contribute towards effective collaboration and resource mobilisation between regional and country-based staff and partners, member association staff, initiative leads, programme support, finance & operations and other teams/units in CBM International to enable the delivery of CBM‘s federation strategy.
- Promote the effective implementation of CBM’s programme quality framework and other relevant standards and tools, in conjunction with the programme support team, to the regional hub ofices and ultimately to country offices to ensure compliance and quality assurance.
- In collaboration with the programme support team, support the further development of programmatic standards, procedures and tools.
- Assist and / or deputize for the Chief Programme Officer, in decision making and in internal and external meetings as need arises.
- Member of International Management Team (operational oversight of CBM International) and Programme Steering Team (Federation-wide steering of programme work).
Skills and Experience
- Experience in international civil society organisation senior management overseeing and supporting multi-country structures and programmes.
- Experience in strategic planning, organisational development, change management and capacity building.
- Excellent people management skills, in particular line managing multidisciplinary, multi-cultural and remote teams, motivating, empowering, coaching, delegating.
- Demonstrated experience in financial, accounting, and budget management.
- Good understanding of and experience of HR processes, including recruitment and performance management.
- Experience in Disability Inclusive Development (DID) would be advantageous.
- Financial literacy