Humanitarian Aid Officer
CBM is an international Christian development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the world’s poorest communities. The emphasis throughout CBM’s work is on local capacity development in more impoverished communities of the world. These programmes increase disability-inclusive service delivery in healthcare, education, rehabilitation, disaster risk reduction, livelihood development, and organisational development of partner organisations. Working in partnerships, CBM engages in creating an inclusive society for all.
About the Role
As part of the Humanitarian Team, the Humanitarian Aid Officer will take the lead on establishing and maintaining a proposed pipeline for ECHO, EU and USAID humanitarian funds and others as opportunities arise. This position will ensure that CBM’s in-country research and analysis of the humanitarian context is communicated clearly to donors and other stakeholders to strengthen networks and relationships. In addition, this position will help country offices to mobilise increased resources for humanitarian issues.
The Humanitarian Aid Officer will also be responsible for collaborating with humanitarian teams in 12 – 14 country offices. They will facilitate the analysis of the humanitarian context in each country. They will help ensure effective in-country teamwork, supporting the programme development, resourcing, management, monitoring, and evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of projects for private institutional and public donors (humanitarian aid, transitional aid and disaster risk reduction projects)
- Establish and maintain contact with the respective donors.
- Training of employees at local partner organisations & CBM regional / country offices on donor guidelines as well as capacity building on specific topics.
- Close cooperation with the project management team in the implementation and reporting of the funded projects.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in project design, planning and implementation for public and private institutional donors.
- Several years of professional experience in humanitarian and transitional aid with practical implementation experience are required.
- In-depth knowledge in one or more priority areas of CBM’s humanitarian work: food and livelihood security, health and protection, inclusive WASH services, disability mainstreaming.
- Willingness to travel to partner countries.
- Flexible team player.