CBM is an international Christian development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the world’s poorest communities. Throughout its work, CBM emphasises local capacity development in the world’s most impoverished communities. These programmes promote disability-inclusive service delivery in healthcare, education, rehabilitation, disaster risk reduction, livelihood development, and organisational development through partner organisations. Working in partnerships, CBM is creating an inclusive society for all.
About the Role
The NTDs Regional Programme Manager (RPM) contributes technical and strategic oversight to CBM’s NTDs programme implementation and development in West and Central Africa. This role is part of CBM International’s NTDs team, which sits within CBM’s Inclusive Eye Health Initiative Unit. It is executed in collaboration with CBM’s West and Central Africa Country Offices. CBM’s focus is on but is not limited to trachoma, onchocerciasis and lymphatic filariasis.
The RPM supports country programmes by facilitating the design of country-specific NTDs programme initiatives and supports programme development by reviewing project proposals for relevance and coherence. The RPM advises on programme execution by national counterparts to ensure consistency with programme objectives while building CBM’s reputation for quality design and reliable delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic, programmatic and technical oversight to ensure progress on eliminating NTDs, focusing on, but not limited to, trachoma, onchocerciasis, and lymphatic filariasis.
- Coordinate with CBM NTDs staff in target countries, ensuring effective and mutually supportive teamwork within the larger CBM structure within the country, regionally and globally.
- In liaison with the NTDs teams, Country Office staff and National NTDs Programmes, develop new concept notes and proposals to grow CBM’s NTDs work, particularly across West and Central Africa.
- Review narrative reports and financial data and support CBM NTDs staff in providing accurate donor reports.
- Identify and promote innovative and inclusive approaches in all aspects of NTDs programmes.
- Promote the use of standard NTDs programme management tools and systems to monitor, record and analyse programme data in target countries.
- Facilitate regular programme reviews to identify gaps and limitations in the programme design and promote options to address those shortcomings.
- Ensure appropriate protocols and guidelines are available and followed in implementing assessments and coverage surveys.
- In collaboration with the Country Office staff, build and maintain good working relationships with counterparts in the Ministries of Health and other NGOs in the target countries.
- Liaise with national and regional NTDs stakeholders, WHO and government institutions relevant for NTDs programme implementation and development.
- Participate in relevant stakeholders’ meetings, conferences and workshops at national and regional NTDs conferences.
- Research possible local and regional funding resources and partnerships.
- Build the capacity of the NTDs programme team in the programme management cycle, including partnership management and advocacy.
Skills and Experience
- Technical knowledge of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) or Public Health treatment strategies.
- Relevant work experience, including experience in a field-based position with an NGO.
- Track record of technical support to government counterparts.
- Strong experience in project cycle management, including planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in project proposal preparation and donor report writing, including log frames or other project logic systems.
- Design and implementation of efficient systems and processes for project management.
- Strong self-management skills, i.e. time management, decision making and problem-solving
- Strong financial management skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Willing to travel in insecure areas (20% – 30% of the time).
- Committed to CBM’s vision, mission and values.
- Fluency in French with professional proficiency in English.
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Preferable – knowledge of statistical software (e.g., Stata, R, SPSS) and GIS data management software.