CBM is an international Christian development organisation employing people from many backgrounds and religions, and committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world irrespective of their faith or beliefs.
Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
About the Role
The West Africa Director will provide leadership and line management to CBM Country Directors in the region and to senior staff at the Regional Hub Office. They will be responsible and accountable for guiding and overseeing the translation of CBM’s global strategy into the development and implementation across the region and its country offices. The West Africa Director will also be accountable for the delivery of the yearly regional budget in terms of financial results and agreed output targets. Key objectives will include driving and implementing a change process that devolves functions from the regional to the country level and strengthens Country Office capacity. The West Africa Director will also grow CBM’s reach and coverage across the region by building the capacity of the existing offices, as well as driving the organizational development towards new locations. The West Africa Director facilitates learning, exchange and collaboration across the CBM Federation, as well as providing financial, HR, programmatic and technical standards and support for countries in the region.
Purpose of the Role
The West Africa Director will be leading the region and its offices in the context of CBM’s Federation Strategy and a new Operating Model aiming to increase the programmatic impact and its overall effectiveness and efficiency as an international organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the West Africa Director for CBM International you will:
- Provide leadership to Country Directors in the West African region, ensuring programmatic delivery and high operational performance of CBM’s work across its country offices.
- Develop and implement an integrated change management plan for the region and its Country Offices, based on the new Operating Model.
- Identify opportunities for regional and multi-country projects and programmes.
- Facilitate the provision of financial services and support to Country Offices and their partners.
- Build capacity among the country and regional teams, as well as ensuring professional HR and safety & security support to Country Offices.
- Lead the organizational development towards a CBM that is strengthened and has grown across the region.
Skills and Experience
- A passion for making a difference for people with disabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NGO sector, its networks and operations.
- Demonstrated experience in change management.
- Experience in strategic planning and organizational development.
- Experience leading a multicultural team.
- Experience in Disability Inclusive Development would be an advantage.