CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. The emphasis throughout CBM’s work is on local capacity development in poorer communities of the world. These programmes increase disability-inclusive service delivery in the fields of healthcare, education, rehabilitation, disaster risk reduction, and livelihood development as well as organisational development of partner organisations. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
About the Role
As part of CBM’s mission and mandate, the Technical Advisor – Inclusion will acquire and provide technical disability-inclusive development advisory services to external organisations such as government agencies, other (I)NGOS etc.
Purpose of the Role
The Technical Advisor on Inclusion will reach out to other organisations and act as the lead managing role for building capacities and training of external stakeholders on making their programming and work more disability-inclusive.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and regularly update a marketable system for disability inclusion.
- Closely liaise with internal and external expert advisory resources.
- Proactively advertise and acquire advisory projects through relevant fora and communication channels
- Grow and diversify the portfolio of external clients
- Coordinate and implement advisory projects
- Contract management invoicing
- Customize workshops and trainings
- External and internal reporting and evaluation
- Act as the central focal point of the organisation for of all external advisory service
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time.
Skills and Experience
- In-depth knowledge in development and inclusion theory and practice, proven working experience in the domain of disability inclusion at the international level.
- 5+ years of relevant international professional experience, preferably in capacity development and training of professionals and practitioners in the development sector.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Display sensitivity towards diversity (cultural, gender, religion, race, age, etc) and intersectionality and adjust accordingly
- Proactive and results-driven
- Very good facilitation and capacity-building skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop a road map for the work of TAI
- Tools: Advanced skills with MS 0365 suite, E-Conferencing, Online Training Platforms
- Language: English (professional proficiency); French, German or Spanish (advantageous)