About Greenpeace Mediterranean
Greenpeace Mediterranean, established as a foundation in Malta in 1995, has been actively campaigning in Turkey, Israel, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt on issues relating to climate change & renewable energy; nuclear industry; GMO; marine resources and pollution of the oceans. With currently over 70 staff in the region, GP Med has ambitious growth plans aiming to double its budget by 2015. The composition of its offices, the ambitious plans, its young, enthusiastic and innovative staff members make Greenpeace-Mediterranean a unique Greenpeace office.
Greenpeace has tasked Mission Talent to search for a Fundraising Manager for its office in Israel.
- To develop and deliver an ambitious growth strategy for Greenpeace MED in Israel, extending our support base and achieving annual income goals;
- To develop and maintain a high performing fundraising team;
- To ensure that the Greenpeace brand is protected and promoted in all supporter / fundraising communications;
- To foster programme integration, in order to attract new audiences to Greenpeace and to mobilise our support base to achieve campaign goals;
- To contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation and take such responsibilities as would be expected of a Manager.
Fundraising & Marketing
- Develop the fundraising and marketing strategy, ensuring that ambitious goals are set and monitored for all areas of fundraising;
- Take overall responsibility for all budgets in the Fundraising Department;
- Develop and maintain a high performing fundraising team. Lead, motivate and manage staff in line with organizational objectives, ensuring that staff’s performance is reviewed and developed effectively;
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership for all fundraising staff, encouraging a culture of innovation and ambition;
- Ensure that the highest standards of supporter care and development are implemented and that supporter journeys are in place for all segments to deepen their engagement;
- Ensure that all Fundraising staff, agencies and consultants are briefed on Greenpeace’s brand values and Communication Strategy objectives and that output meets required standards;
- Manage and commission qualitative and quantitative market research to maintain Greenpeace’s awareness of attitudes to the environment, Greenpeace as an organisation, the effectiveness of its campaigns and fundraising and the profile and attitudes of its key audiences;
- Actively contribute to the Greenpeace MED Fundraising team, sharing best practice and test results.
- Ensure close integration between fundraising and campaigns with the aim of mobilising supporters to take campaign action, and attracting new audiences to Greenpeace;
- Contribute to the development of the specific campaign projects, ensuring integration of Campaign, Fundraising and Communications objectives;
- Comply with, and ensure that all staff in the Department comply, with the requirements of the equal opportunities policy and health & safety policy;
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate to the post and delegated by the Fundraising Development Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- Commitment to Greenpeace’s values of confrontation, direct action, non-violence, internationalism and independence, and a determination to protect the natural world
- Significant (3+ years) fundraising experience, with a track record of delivering strong income growth. Significant marketing experience will be considered in lieu of fundraising experience
- Understanding of Customer Relations Management, fundraising principles and strategies
- Highly developed influencing skills
- Charisma, the ability to lead and inspire others and to foster collaboration across functions in pursuit of agreed goals
- Developed analytical skills and a strong understanding of business and financial planning. Experience in managing significant budgets and achieving income targets
- Significant staff management experience (3+years), with the ability to motivate and support a team of fundraising professionals
- A proactive, results-based management approach with experience in objective setting
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communicator with strong negotiating skills; Significant experience of managing external vendors
- Knowledge of market research, product development and testing techniques
- Ability to recognise and take new opportunities, and to generate and foster innovative and creative ideas
- Experience of Major Donor & Legacy fundraising an advantage.
- The salary on offer is competitive for the non-profit sector in Israel
- A relocation package will be offered to the successful candidate if currently located outside of Israel.