About the International Civil Society Centre
The International Civil Society Centre works with civil society organisations (CSOs) to develop strategies for successfully navigating change. They scan the horizon for opportunities and disruptions; enable learning and cooperation among CSOs and their stakeholders; support CSOs in developing effective leadership; promote robust accountability to strengthen CSOs’ legitimacy; and enhance civic space and participation.
The Centre believes CSOs play a crucial role in the fight for a sustainable and more equitable world. As globalisation progresses, challenges and opportunities increasingly demand a response at the global level. CSOs are in a key strategic position to contribute and carry a special responsibility to deliver.
The Centre has partnered with Mission Talent to recruit its next Executive Director to lead the organisation of 15-18 staff from its office in Berlin.
- Lead and further develop the vision and strategy of the Centre to support civil society organisations to maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
- Drive comprehensive consultation processes with CSOs to prioritise the Centre’s activities based on the needs of the organisations.
- Deliver an agreed-upon strategy and plan to make an impact.
- Lead, grow and develop a small, dynamic and dedicated team to achieve the Centre’s mission to advance global norms and international cooperation.
- Provide thought leadership on key issues and future trends for civil society towards high-quality programmes and activities in all areas of work of the Centre.
- Building, nurturing relationships and liaising with global leaders of civil society and other sectors and represent the Centre and its goals towards key stakeholders.
- Strengthen the Centre’s financial independence and sustainability by engaging with donors and contributing to high-level fundraising efforts.
- Progressive leadership experience in a number of CSOs internationally – preferably at CEO level.
- Vision & Strategy: proven track record in translating a vision for the civil society sector into a successfully implemented strategy.
- Consensus building & influencing: track record in building consensus and influencing a variety of stakeholders with different interests.
- Communication & Engagement: excellent communicator, influencer/engager and negotiator at grassroot and global level; excellent network in the civil society sector and other relevant sectors.
- Internal leadership: experience in leading, building and enabling a team in an agile and innovative working culture.