About Kindernothilfe e.V.
Kindernothilfe e.V. (KNH) is a Non-Governmental, Non-Profit Organisation founded in Germany in 1959. Kindernothilfe partners with local non-governmental organisations and their networks in 33 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe to realise and protect children’s rights.
For 60 years, they have been working as a child rights organisation to help support children in need and advocate for their rights worldwide. They currently empower, protect and give a voice to more than 2.1 million girls and boys. They implement all 609 development cooperation and humanitarian assistance projects through local partners.
Thousands of donors provide ninety percent of Kindernothilfe’s funds. Many of them support them through child sponsorships. They see their work as part of the global ecumenical development collaboration as an international Christian child rights organisation. Kindernothilfe, headquartered in Germany, cooperates with Kindernothilfe organisations in Austria, Luxembourg, and Switzerland.
About the Role
The Country Manager India is a team member of the Asia Department of Kindernothilfe e.V. The job will be carried out in line with the guiding principles of the Asia Department. With an eye for teamwork and mutual support, the Country Manager role requires an appreciation of the diverse backgrounds of the other team members as a source of strength. Based on this, open and respectful communication is as vital as curiosity and exchange to develop the team’s understanding of programmatic quality in light of the standards of child rights programming.
Further to the team in India, the Country Manager will work closely with the Asia team at HQ, including the Asia Self-Help Group Approach (SHA) Manager, to create, develop and implement the continuous strategy and vision of the organisation together.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the development and coordination of the Country Program.
- Contribute to developing and implementing the Country Strategy in all dimensions, e.g., Child Rights Situation Analysis (CRSA), administration, and logistics.
- Develop the Country Strategy and update it regularly.
- Responsible for the capacity building of KNH staff and partners.
- Manage proposal discussions with partners.
- Facilitate new partnership relations with qualified local organisations.
- Coordination and Networking of KNH project partners.
- Facilitate Networking with other (non)- government actors.
- Network and exchange with other Asian country programs.
- Supporting SHA Asia Coordinator in monitoring and technical advice to SHA partners.
- Managing the KNH office, including recruitment and training of additional KNH staff, selection of Auditors, and the legal status of the office.
- Report in line with KNH standards and formats.
- Assess the country’s situation in interest areas of KNH and develop processes to respond to the changes and needs.
- Responsible for the annual country plan and the annual budget of the office and the partners.
- Administration of In-Country-Coordination Structure.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant academic degree or further qualification in International Development, sociology, etc.
- Experience in evaluation and strengthening of quality and effectiveness systems.
- Good people management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong cross-cultural professional relationships.
- Excellent personal and public communication and negotiation skills with all types and levels of stakeholders.
- Very good representation and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork with intercultural competence and sensitivity.
- Proven organisational and coordination skills and a high level of autonomy and flexibility.
- Willingness to travel across India and work long hours when necessary. Willingness to commit and adhere to Kindernothilfe’s values and Child Safeguarding Policy.