WfWI is focused on helping the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support.
The incoming CD will lead the development of a new strategic plan 2017–2019 that will more than double the size and reach of WfWI by 2020.
The Country Director (CD) is the official representative in Nigeria and leads a staff of 30 nationals, shaping the office’s vision and strategy. Accountable for a $3m budget, the CD oversees program implementation and operations in vital education and training projects—including social skills, rights training, and economic and business skills.
The Country Director also conducts fundraising and advocacy; highlighting WfWI’s work to sponsors, donors and the wider public.
You are a Nigerian who is passionately determined to help marginalized women affected by conflict. You have the charisma both to lead an organization and to represent it positively to donors, to sponsors and the wider public. A committed manager who knows how to deliver even when there are blockages, you are also able to counsel and build the capacity of junior employees. You know how to establish networks at government level and are capable of finding and growing funding.
You are a fluent English-speaker and communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
We expect you to be able to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate and determined about serving women who have survived, or otherwise been affected by, conflict;
- are able to represent WfWI to sponsors, partners—and the wider public through the media;
- have the flexibility and creativity to get things done, even when faced with difficulties and blockages;
- understand both the social and economic barriers facing women, and how to overcome them;
- are a leader capable of uniting and inspiring staff and stakeholders to agree and deliver a compelling, resourced vision and plan for WfWI in Nigeria.
The role will be based mainly in Jos Plateau State in Nigeria and there is likely to be travel both locally and internationally.