About SEEK Development
SEEK is a social impact consulting group that supports its clients to be a force for global human development, focusing on global health, climate adaptation, education, and gender. SEEK’s portfolio of services includes strategy and policy development, organisational effectiveness, development finance, resource mobilisation and strategic advocacy.
They combine top management consulting approaches with cutting-edge global health and development ecosystem knowledge. At SEEK, they offer a fast-paced, stimulating and international work environment, allowing each team member to professionally develop and grow in their mission to make positive and lasting contributions to a more equitable and sustainable world.
About the Role
As an (Associate) Director: Global Health, you are part of SEEK’s leadership team while serving as a trusted advisor to senior clients within leading organisations in the Global Health space – including major UN organisations, product-development partnerships, multilateral financing institutions, foundations, NGOs and private sector organisations. You guide them in formulating innovative strategic plans to optimise their impact and build organisations that serve as powerful agents of change. You also shape SEEK’s strategy and service offering to the Global Health community, leading the firm’s growth through business development.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client and business leadership
- Cultivate close relationships with senior clients, acting as a trusted advisor who understands their evolving needs and helping them develop evidence-based strategies and build the organisational prerequisites to deliver.
- Facilitate senior client meetings/workshops, engaging diverse stakeholders to develop impactful and actionable outcomes tailored to client needs.
- Leverage your relationships and expertise to identify opportunities to serve existing and new clients and lead the creation of winning proposals to further grow SEEK’s Global Health work portfolio.
Project and people leadership
- Take responsibility for delivering high-quality, high-impact work on client engagements, leveraging your expertise to ensure clients get the best solutions to their issues.
- Provide leadership to the SEEK project teams working for Global Health clients, guiding them on methodologies and problem-solving and pushing beyond the obvious.
- Ensure staffing provides maximum client impact while offering development opportunities for colleagues; grow SEEK’s talent through mentoring, coaching, and effective feedback.
Practice and thought leadership
- Lead SEEK’s Global Health practice, representing and acting as the go-to person internally and externally; develop and deliver the practice strategy.
- Deepen their brand and build SEEK’s reputation through expertise recognised in the market.
- Lead the development of new products, approaches and tools to continuously strengthen SEEK’s offering to its clients in Global Health.
- As a member of SEEK’s leadership team, take ownership of building the firm beyond client work, identifying critical enablers for SEEK’s work/brand and leading internal initiatives around them.
- Positively shape SEEK’s culture by cultivating belonging and role-modelling their values.
- Commitment to developing yourself and others.
- Building community internally and externally. Delivering and scaling social impact.
- Striving for excellence, with learning at the centre.
Skills and Experience
SEEK is looking for a senior professional with a background in Global Health, previous experience in strategy consulting, and a strong commitment to social impact. This person thrives in a dynamic, international environment and enjoys building deep and trusted connections as an advisor to senior clients. With excellent strategic skills, this leader will combine client work on complex challenges in Global Health with growing an already thriving social impact consulting firm. The (Associate) Director: Global Health is an entrepreneurial, empathetic, and purpose-driven leader who remains calm under stress and works pragmatically.
- Significant experience in project and team leadership in a top management consulting company.
- Prior work experience in a leading global health organisation.
- Advanced degree in global health, medicine, international development, business/public administration or similar fields.
- Strong understanding of the Global Health architecture and landscape, current debates and key stakeholders, and a strong professional network to build on.
- Experience in leading complex strategy, organisational development, and multi-stakeholder change processes, combined with outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with strong facilitation and process moderation abilities.
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating teams, driving collaboration and developing people.
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Full proficiency in English is required; proficiency in other languages (particularly German or French) is a plus.
As an equal-opportunity employer, SEEK is committed to a diverse, inclusive, healthy work environment. They welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.