Director Of Human Resources & Organisation Development
About SOS Children’s Villages International
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Village is a dynamic social development organisation working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of vulnerable children. Their people are individuals with a passion for promoting children’s rights and working towards the provision of quality care and service for children.
Based in Addis Ababa and reporting to the International Director, the Director of HROD will drive HR, OD and internal communication in the region to support the organisational goals. The Director of HROD will work closely with the 26 Member Associations (MAs) in the region to build their capacity and to support the implementation of HR and OD strategies and international policies in the MAs. He or she will lead the HROD network in the region rolling-out and executing global policies, processes, projects and translating into regional requirements where necessary.
- Lead, implement and monitor implementation of HR strategy, HR policies, and guidelines including roll-out and monitoring of the SOS compensation system in Regional Offices (ROs) and MAs. Adapt international HR concepts to local needs and implement support actions where needed.
- Lead strategic workforce planning and provide human resources and organisation development expertise in Regional Offices and Member Associations.
- Lead regional recruitment and manage on-boarding processes.
- Lead and implement performance management, people and cultural change in Regional Offices and Member Associations.
- Guide and support Regional Offices and Member Associations to maintain good governance, management and accountability standards.
- Support the establishment of national legal entities including the registration and change of national organisational statutes.
- Monitor local HR legal compliance and recommend actions to National Directors and Boards.
- Support Regional Offices and Member Associations to meet international HRD quality standards & guidelines; build HR competence of line management, national and regional HROD co-workers.
- Drive compliant HR administration and internal communication to ensure Regional Offices and Member Associations are run effectively and the SOS Brand is linked to strategy.
- Develop and implement HR Data Management, Business Analytics and regular HR reporting.
- Support the development, roll-out and operation of regional and local systems and database applications in close cooperation with regional Information & Communication Technology (ICT) and in line with SOS standards for software development.
- Lead and develop high performance of HROD direct reports in the region.
- HR Generalist experience as a senior manager in a Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Experience influencing and advising on Human Resources and Organisational Design, learning, coaching & facilitation, performance management, change management recruitment, employee motivation and employee welfare.
- A track record in multi-cultural and multi-country contexts in Africa.
- Ability to use tools in organisational diagnosis, development and design, particularly in those areas that relate to balancing global harmony and local operations.
- Intermediate knowledge in working with an integrated HR information systems and/or ERP system.