Director of Programme Development
About SOS Children’s Villages International
SOS Children’s Villages International works in more than 135 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. They provide practical long term support to families so that each child and young person can develop resilient relationships to face life’s future challenges. The Eastern and Southern Africa region covers programs in 26 countries (including Ghana and Nigeria) to support children through Family Based Care (FBC), Family Strengthening Programmes (FSP) and additional services. This is a very exciting role in a global social development organization with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Line manages the regional Programme Development Advisors and Team.
- Oversees the program planning processes in the region.
- Ensures the core programme policies are implemented.
- Promotes program monitoring, evaluations and continuous learning.
- Collaborates with the Children’s Villages International Representatives to enable strong leadership in programme cycle management in Member Associations.
- Initiates and contributes to the development of federation programme-related policies, standards and guidelines.
- Ensures the consistent programme sustainability and quality in Member Associations.
- Drives the implementation of child protection policy, as well as prevention of child abuse, through transparent reporting systems.
- Ensures capacity-building of core workers.
- Develops, leads and supports the regional programme network.
- Ensures best practice is shared and facilitates international research projects.
- A Post-graduate qualification in the fields of program management, business management, community Development or related fields.
- At least four years of experience in managing resources and providing support to field offices.
- Project cycle management experience.
- Experience with management of partnership development programs.
- Ability to function in a high expectancy and demanding position.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence key decision makers and build networks.
- Team player, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English.