Campaign Manager – Animals in Farming
The majority of animals farmed for food live in conditions that cause suffering and stress. It’s time to rethink farming. In this new role, the Campaign Manager for Animals in Farming will lead the local implementation of a Thai campaign targeting industrial pig farming. We are looking for an excellent campaigner who is assertive, tactful and strategic in building power to affect change.
About World Animal Protection
World Animal Protection works in over 50 countries across the world. Its vision is a world free from animal cruelty where animal welfare matters. World Animal Protection believes that a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
About the Role
The Campaign Manager leads the local implementation and tactical delivery of the global farming campaign. Working as part of a globally-integrated virtual campaign team, the Campaign Manager develops inspiring and innovative projects which realise the campaign strategy, manages all project activity and is the central point of contact for organisational activity relating to the campaign implementation and projects in Thailand.
The Campaign Manager is expected to promote a culture of campaigning to increase World Animal Protection’s impact, influence and profile, and support colleagues to do the same.
In this role, you will
- Communicate World Animal Protection’s positions and messages to external and internal audiences, including public fora, the media, political, economic and other actors to promote key messages and further campaign and specific project objectives.
- Deliver the project goals in cooperation with the globally integrated virtual campaign team and other relevant staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a network of key external stakeholders relevant to the execution of campaign strategy and specific project objectives, including those relating to the brand, communications, fundraising and resource management.
- Communicate and strategically engage with target corporate and government stakeholders.
- Support research on specific campaign issues. Provide expertise with respect to policy advocacy and corporate engagement.
- Contribute to the development of campaign reports and fundraising materials in accordance with organisational requirements.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of issues relating to the campaign, identifying opportunistic campaign amplification and actions.
- Be able to travel nationally and internationally to provide support or participate in World Animal Protection’s activities.
- Take overall responsibility for the effective and efficient management of delegated budgets in accordance with World Animal Protection’s financial procedures and local governance regulations.
We expect you to be able to demonstrate that you are:
- A Proven Campaigner: With a track record of effective campaign development and delivery that has achieved social and or political change in Thailand. Excellent project management and coordination skills are also essential.
- Strategic: Demonstrating strong research and analytical ability, and the ability to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
- A skilled team player: With the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships in a matrixed global organization with excellent ability to work unsupervised.
- A seasoned External networker: A good people person who is assertive and tactful, with the ability to influence various working groups and government officials at the national level. Able to develop relationships with corporations.
- Committed to Animal Welfare: You must demonstrate passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal protection. You must have knowledge of animal welfare issues or experience in conservation or environmental issues.
- Fluent in English and Thai: Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken Thai and English is essential.