About World Animal Protection
World Animal Protection works in over 50 countries across the world. It’s vision is a world free from animal cruelty where animal welfare matters. World Animal Protection believes that a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
The Campaign Manager will report to the US Executive Director and partner with colleagues around the world to develop and implement the US strategy as part of a global campaign to end animal cruelty in farming, targeting industrial chicken farming. The Campaign manager will be responsible for promoting a culture of campaigning to increase the impact, influence and profile of World Animal Protection in the US market. He or she will lead the delivery of an inspiring, dynamic and creative global campaign to improve the welfare of animals, while also contributing to building a global movement in support of animal protection, utilizing lessons learned from campaigns in the USA.
In this role you will
- Work with the Program Director for Animals in Farming, the global virtual campaign team, and other internal stakeholders to develop innovative global campaigns for the Animals in Farming program.
- Provide strategic guidance, campaign planning and management support to the US offices of World Animal Protection implementing projects in support of the campaign and ensuring effectiveness and consistency.
- Support the development of effective tools and technical support for the campaigns, working closely with issue experts and technical advisors. Ensure that the campaign incorporates and generates the necessary content to support fundraising, communication and governance requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a network of key external stakeholders relevant to the execution of the global campaign objectives, which build and maintain the integrity of the brand and lead income generation and engagement.
- Communicate World Animal Protection’s positions and messages to external and internal audiences, including public fora, the media, political, economic and other actors to promote key messages and further campaign objectives.
- Take overall responsibility for the effective and efficient management of delegated budgets in accordance with World Animal Protection’s financial procedures and local governance regulations.
- Be able to travel domestically and internationally to provide support or participate in World Animal Protection’s activities as required.
We expect you to be able to demonstrate that you are:
- A proven campaigner: Experience leading the design and development of high impact campaign strategies that have achieved social and or political change in US market. Proven experience in the operational and tactical delivery of campaigns to a high standard, with evidence of strategic goal achievements.
- A strong communicator with public speaking skills: Able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders at all levels, to develop and deliver campaign solutions. Comfortable with media, speaking to groups and public face campaigning. Experience integrating communications and media within campaigns at a national level.
- Strategic: experienced in developing campaign strategies in the US market that align with the organization global strategy, utilising an evidence base of data and resources.
- Team player and external networker: Possess excellent project management and coordination skills and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams. Good people person with the ability to influence various working groups and government officials at national level. Able to develop relationships with corporations.
- Leadership: Experience leading and managing teams utilizing motivational skills to inspire others to deliver outstanding campaigns in a global, matrix environment organization. Experience of matrix management in a medium/large sized organisation. Experience of working in an international NGO environment.
- Animal Welfare: A passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal protection. Knowledge of animal welfare issues or experience of conservation or environmental issues.