This is an exciting opportunity to take a key role in shaping and delivering a high impact global campaign to end the demand for and use of wild animals in traditional medicine. This new campaign will build on the strong legacy of World Animal Protection in protecting wildlife from cruelty of the traditional medicine industry in Asia. This will be a priority campaign for World Animal Protection in the years ahead.
About World Animal Protection
World Animal Protection works in over 50 countries across the world. It’s vision is a world free from animal cruelty where animal welfare matters. World Animal Protection believes a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
- The Campaign Manager leads the implementation and tactical delivery of the Traditional Medicine campaign, working with teams across Asia and globally. The campaign manager will lead targeted public campaigns in strategic Asian countries and other regions that will result in impact for wild animals. She or he will also support campaigners across the organisation in advancing their work and provide strategic input to their approaches to public campaigning.
- The Global Campaign Manager plays a key role in the global virtual campaign team for and/or virtual teams relating to Traditional Medicine. They are responsible for promoting a culture of campaigning in order to increase World Animal Protection’s impact, influence and profile and supporting colleagues to do the same.
In this role you will
- Deliver World Animal Protection’s Global Strategy across the core themes of Mission, Movement & Transformation in a global matrix environment.
- Implement global campaign and project management including planning and delivery and implementing specific projects when increased local capacity is needed.
- Work cooperatively with external organisations and in the wider animal welfare movement to pursue project objectives and wider organisational goals, including those relating to brand, communications, fundraising and resource management.
- Actively participate in building World Animal Protection brand and maintain the integrity of the brand to support their profile, lead generation, income and engagement.
- Comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures, including administrative duties and ensure the global campaign projects incorporate and generate the necessary content to support fundraising, communication and governance requirements.
- Travel internationally to provide support or participate in World Animal Protection’s activities and to work on different wildlife campaigns as deemed appropriate, subject to changing organisational priorities.
We expect you to be able to demonstrate that you are:
- An experienced campaigner – with a passion for design and delivery of impactful global campaigns that have achieved change, especially for wildlife trade, animal welfare, environmental and related issues;
- A strategist, someone who knows how to develop a campaign strategy, and tactical delivery of global campaigns to a high standard, with evidence of strategic goal achievements.
- A team player who is able to manage and coordinate complex projects across internal departments and teams.
- Have experience of campaigning and working in the Asian region.