When disasters strike, the impact is devastating for animals and the communities that depend on them. The Head of Campaigns for Animals in Disasters will lead all activities for this global campaign, the longest running campaign of World Animal Protection. In this role, you will manage a global campaign strategy that finds a balance between emergency response and campaigning and ensures that governments and key stakeholders include animals in their disaster planning.
About World Animal Protection
World Animal Protection works in more than 50 countries across the world. Its vision is a world free from animal cruelty where animal welfare matters. World Animal Protection believes that a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
About the Role
The Head of Campaign will manage a global virtual Integrated Campaign Team for Animals in Disasters (AiD), and will be responsible for promoting a culture to increase campaign and organisational impact, influence and profile. The Head of Campaign will lead and develop the delivery of an inspiring, dynamic and creative global campaign to improve the welfare of animals in disasters, while also contributing to building a global movement in support of animal protection.
In this role you will
- Manage global campaign strategy development & delivery ensuring a balance and symbiosis between emergency response operations and campaigning.
- Develop innovative global campaigns for the AiD program in a global matrix environment and make sure that campaign goals are achieved.
- Support the development of effective tools and providing technical support for the campaigns working closely the international AiD team.
- Actively participate and support the organization to ensure that resources (financial, staff and IT) are managed efficiently and effectively
- Communicate World Animal Protection’s position and messages to external and internal audiences, in close cooperation with the Communication Lead.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of current affairs while identifying synergize as they arise ensuring an integrated approach across functions and geography.
- Lead and manage local campaign teams ensuring professional development of staff within the campaign team and creating a positive working environment.
- Be based in either New York City, Toronto, São Paulo, Heredia or London.
- Be required to travel internationally to provide support or participate in World Animal Protection’s activities.
We expect you to be able to demonstrate that you have
- Proven experience in leading the design and development of high impact (preferably global) social change campaign strategies that has achieved change.
- Proven experience in the operational and tactical delivery of (preferably global) campaigns to a high standard, with evidence of strategic goal achievement.
- First class analytical and decision-making skills: able to assimilate and analyze information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to communicate direction, gain commitment to action, and develop mutual cooperation across teams and with external stakeholders.
- High level of awareness of global and regional social, economic, political and environmental issues of relevance to animal welfare.
- Experience leading and managing teams, and motivational skills to inspire others to deliver outstanding campaigns in an international NGO environment of matrix management in a medium/large sized organization.
- Team player with excellent project management and coordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams.
- Strong communicator, able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders at all levels (preferably the UNISDR, IFRC) in different countries and different cultural contexts, to develop and deliver campaign solutions.
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues or experience in disaster risk management, climate change adaptation, and/or working with the humanitarian community. Passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal Protection.