Wildlife Campaign Manager
About World Animal Protection
World Animal Protection has protected animals around the globe for more than 30 years. They use their collective skills and knowledge to move individuals, organisations and governments to transform the lives of animals.
The fate of animals rests with people, so together they champion the wellbeing of animals as a vital solution to global challenges. They move the world to protect animals to ensure it is a local priority and an international concern.
World Animal Protection’s shared vision and passion is delivering real change for animals across the globe. They align their work and behaviors to Four Moves – Act now, Aim high, Get creative and Look around.
Their diverse work in more than 50 counties requires possessing the skills, aptitude and qualities that align with World Animal Protection culture. They live Four Moves to ensure they are making informed decisions and are performing in a way that reflects their brand.
China Country Director
Asia Pacific Wildlife Campaign Manager
China Office Team
Works closely with:
Global, regional, and country office teams
External stakeholders; including governments, enforcement agencies, NGOs, supporters and donors.
Main Purpose of Role
To provide effective leadership and management to the Wildlife campaign in China and contribute to World Animal Protection’s global strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Campaign strategy development & delivery:
- Lead the development and implementation of the Wildlife campaign strategy in China, including programme and communication strategies, priorities and plans.
- Monitor sensitive issues that could impact on the Wildlife Campaign and advise the Country Director and Asia Pacific Wildlife Manager.
- Liaise with World Animal Protection China staff, international staff and staff in the Asia Pacific (AP) region.
Operation and delivery:
- Ensure global objectives are being met, including monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Prepare project proposals and implementation plans with stakeholders and partners.
- Facilitate campaigns.
- Contribute to the AP regional programme team at regional/international meetings.
- Support regional teams to position World Animal Protection as the leading international animal welfare organisation.
- Manage consultants or contractors.
Internal and external networking and coordination:
- Act as a focal point for the China wildlife campaign.
- Liaise with the China Senior Science Advisor to deliver campaigns based on sound evidence.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders.
- Participate in partnership forums, working groups and wildlife networks.
Uphold and promote World Animal Protection’s values and behaviours:
- Act Now – They focus on positive things they can do today to drive sustainable change.
- Aim High – They stretch themselves and their ideas of what they can achieve for animals.
- Get Creative – They’re open to new ideas that can make a real difference.
- Look Around – They work with a global mindset to make a real impact now and far into the future.
- Act as World Animal Protection’s ambassador.
- Manage budgets, finance and quality assurance.
Scope of Role
- Campaign leadership and direction
- Project management
- Strategy development
- Internal Liaison and Coordination
- Quality Assurance
- Budgeting and Financial Management
Dimensions and Limits of Authority:
- Responsible for the delivery of the wildlife campaign in China.
- Responsible for China wildlife campaign budget and expenditure.
- Develop and implement country wildlife strategy in line with regional and global strategies.
- Manage country wildlife campaign budget within agreed sign-off limits.
- Draft campaign plan and activities.
- Wildlife project budget decisions.
- Partnership development.
- Recommend ideas/initiatives targeted at delivering wildlife campaign activities.
- Recommend specific budget utilisation.
- Recommend decisions on approaches for developing workable partnership to enhance campaign delivery.
- Education to Bachelor degree or above.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Minimum 5-7 years working in a campaign or advocacy position.
- Experience working internationally and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong knowledge of global and regional socio-economic, political and environmental issues.
- Knowledge and experience of strategy development.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams and build strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and organisational skills.
- Budgeting and financial management.
- Able to travel at short notice.
- Highly organised and ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Loyal and honest.
- Able to work unsupervised, in a rapidly changing and high pressure environment.