Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist for RiseUp! Leadership Initiative In Asia-Pacific
About World YWCA
With a presence in over a hundred countries, our work is grassroots-driven, grounded in local communities, and rooted in the transformational power of women.
World YWCA provides support and opportunities for women, young women, and girls to become leaders and change-makers who not only protect their rights and impact their communities but inspire their peers to do the same.
World YWCA is focused on building a strong, intergenerational network of women leaders, with programs led by and for women in response to the unique needs that they see in their communities.
About the Role
The MEL Specialist is responsible for leading program-wide MEL and building the capacity of RiseUp! Young women leaders and YWCA Member Associations (MAs) to deliver MEL in their unique context. This position will be the key person responsible for finalising and implementing Phase IV MEL framework design, building on the foundations and learnings of Phase III and Phase IV Design of RiseUp! The role holder will also design the tools to support its implementation, working with RiseUp! Asia-Pacific core team and consultants.
The MEL Specialist will lead localisation and operationalisation of the MEL framework across implementing countries, the World YWCA, and program-wide performance assessment, including data collection. They will deliver training and ongoing support of team-leading MEL in-country. They will also collate, synthesise and analyse program data to support performance assessment and learning and lead regional and other learning events. The MEL Specialist is responsible for collecting program-wide results data and is the primary author of the program’s annual performance and other similar reports.
The MEL Specialist will report to the Director of Global Engagement and Impact and work closely with the RiseUp! Program Manager and Regional Program Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Finalising and implementing the full MEL system for RiseUp! Phase IV in consultation with the core team and consultants, building on the Phase III MEL Framework and extending its scope to cover the full program
- Supporting RiseUp! Leads, MAs, and other relevant staff; localize and operationalise the MEL Framework in their context
- Working with MAs and RiseUp! Leads to co-develop a framework, resources, and tools for assessing progress towards inter-generational power-sharing
- Co-developing new tools and resources required for MEL processes, as and when required
- Leading the development of narrative and financial reporting templates for the Regional Coordinator and RiseUp Leads
- Delivering training, coaching, and trouble-shooting for RiseUp! Leads and MAs to deliver MEL tasks
- Facilitating regional analysis and learning events
- Collecting and collating data and undertaking analysis in collaboration with young women across the region to support the assessment of program performance and learning assessment
- Assessing the implementation of the MEL Framework in practice and identifying and coordinating further capacity development or amendments to the MEL system
- Commissioning and supporting the joint evaluation
- Drafting the Annual Program Report and other reports as needed
- Ensuring all MEL work is integrated into Goal 2035 and the larger work of World YWCA.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in social science, development cooperation or equivalent knowledge gained through work experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in MEL and/or international development in Asia
- Sound understanding of trends and frameworks in the progressive community-based MEL systems, including digital platforms
- Experience and knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience in teaching, training and coaching in a youth-friendly manner
- Multicultural communication skills
- Independent, agile, and flexible working style
- Demonstrates a feminist approach supporting young women’s empowerment
- Excellent communication skills, with strong writing skills
- Flexibility and openness to learning
- Experience working remotely
- Ability and knowledge of using Slack, Zoom for internal communications effectively
- Good knowledge of English, additional local languages are desirable