The World YWCA is seeking a Lead, Strategic Partnerships & Resource Mobilization to drive an ambitious growth strategy for the World YWCA. You are a senior leader who is aware of global partnership trends and motivated to create opportunities that promote young women’s leadership and human rights. You are organized and impact-driven, with exemplary relationship building skills.
About The World YWCA
The World YWCA has an ambitious goal: to reach 100 million young women and girls transform power structures to end gender inequality by 2035.
Established in 1855, the World YWCA is the world’s oldest women’s movement. With member associations in 109 countries, it works to fulfil human rights and make gender equality a reality. The World YWCA a learning organization in which there is recognized mentorship across generations. Sixty percent of the members of the World Board are aged 30 and under.
The World YWCA mobilizes and connects millions of young women around transformational change, provides leadership opportunities. It also actively works to influence policies, regulations and social and community norms which prevent the realisation of rights and leadership potential of women, doing this by creating opportunities for young women advocates at global and regional policy-setting platforms such as the African Union, the Commission on the Status of Women and the Human Rights Council.
Through its member associations around the world, the World YWCA strives to provide safe, inclusive, non-judgmental and confidential spaces for women and girls to discuss issues such as Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, HIV, and violence.
The World YWCA has three strategic priorities:
- Strengthening young women’s and girls’ transformative leadership
- Realising human rights, in particular sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Growing a social movement for transformational change
About the Role
The World YWCA is looking for a dynamic Lead, Strategic Partnerships & Resource Mobilization to drive an ambitious growth strategy for the World YWCA.
The Lead for Strategic Partnerships & Resource Mobilization will coordinate all partnership building and donor efforts in support of the growth of the World YWCA. She will manage existing donor relations, as well as seek new income generation opportunities and a build a diversified fundraising and portfolio. She is organized, appreciates systems and, above all, has strong relationship building skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Lead will report to the Deputy General Secretary and serve as a member of the Leadership Team. She will be responsible for the following:
- Develops and drives an ambitious partnership and resource mobilization strategy, in line with World YWCA Mission and Strategy.
- Develops and manages a medium term resource mobilization pipeline working closely with the finance specialists and Deputy General Secretary and Leadership team
- Establishes and tracks a streamlined proposal development process.
- Actively engages and builds relationships with potential funding and programmatic partners, diversifying the current fundraising portfolio, working closely with the leadership team.
- Develops systems and strategies to engage individual donors, creating a life journey of giving for YWCA members.
- Coordinates partnership proposal development in collaboration with the Lead, Young Women’s Leadership and other colleagues.
- Keeps abreast of changes in key donor priorities and policies and opportunities for engagement.
- Monitors and evaluates all fundraising activities to ensure that fundraising goals are achieved.
- Oversees and improves donor engagement and tracking systems.
- Keeps up to date on programmatic areas of young women’s leadership, gender equality and women’s rights.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent relationship building skills, creativity, drive and enthusiasm with the ability to build strong, trusting relationships.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the area of resource mobilization, fundraising and partnership development, with a proven track record.
- Identifies opportunities and develops new approaches to resource mobilization.
- Passionate about young women’s leadership and gender equality.
- Strong communication skills; excellent verbal and written English is essential, French is an asset.
- Great team collaboration skills.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Diversity is greatly valued and candidates from the global South are encouraged to apply.