A pandemic on our doorstep: COVID-19 is challenging the global community in an unprecedented way — both professionally and personally. For many, it is an intense emotional and psychological load to bear.
We have been wondering: are humanitarian and development organisations better equipped and more resilient to deal with COVID-19 crisis than other organisations?
Humanitarian and development workers have been trained to manage crisis and deal with complexity and uncertainty on a daily basis. But now amid a global crisis situation, are humanitarian and development organisations more resilient? What lessons can we learn from them about organisational preparedness?
Our panellist for this event will be:
- Dedo Mate-Kodjo, Pan Africa Programme Manager at WaterAid
- Daphne Sorensen, Regional Director Latin America and Caribean at Lumos
- Balwant Singh, Executive Director at Sphere
In this discussion among leaders, we will ask:
- How has your experience in humanitarian and development prepared you to respond to a crisis that affects you outside your work setting?
- How do you affirm and support your team during this time?
- What new thinking and ways of working will help us get through this?
We invite you to join us in this open and reflective conversation among experts.
Date: 10 June 2020
Time: 15:00 – 16:15 CEST/SAST / 13:00 – 14:15 UCT / 20:00 – 21:15 ICT / 8:00 – 9:15 EST
You can register for the Zoom event here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.