About The 4C Association
The 4C Association aims to unite all relevant coffee stakeholders in working towards the improvement of the economic, social & environmental conditions of coffee production and processing to build a thriving, sustainable sector for generations to come.
The 4C Association is the leading multi-stakeholder sustainable coffee platform, guiding the sector towards mainstream sustainability in a non-competitive arena where all relevant stakeholders are enabled to participate. It provides a recognized entry-level standard as a first step in continuous improvement towards sustainability, promotes and partners with other standards and initiatives in the market, and addresses the broader coffee sustainability agenda.
About the Role
Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
The Monitoring Officer Verification works at the interface of the Verification Operations and the Monitoring & Evaluation system and collaborates with other functions of the Association which require data base services or provide input data to the Association data base. In addition to providing smart data management the Monitoring Officer Verification will contribute to monitoring and evaluating performance and progress of verified 4C Units and will support research and analysis of the M&E system. The Monitoring Officer Verification closely cooperates with the verification team and will report initially to the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager and at a later stage to Verification Manager.
1. Data Monitoring and Management (Processing and Re-Design)
2. Data Evaluation
4. Input to other related processes
1. Data Monitoring and Management:
- Support and monitor the regular reporting activities of members (final buyers and 4C Units) of market transactions.
- Monitor producer-level verification data.
- Design and implement better ways to capture, process and visualize data in the 4C system (verification, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and members’ reporting of market transactions).
- Ensure data quality by implementing triangulation mechanisms in the data-base.
2. Data Evaluation:
- Research and contribute to evaluation reports.
- Analyze monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data derived from verification and provide regular overview on trends.
- Support fine-tuning of indicators based on data evaluation.
- Research and compile periodic reports on the opportunities and challenges of implementing the 4C code in key coffee regions.
- Analyze and review the Annual Update and Improvement Plan documentation of 4C Units, and update/ feed data into OpenERP.
- Support the improvements of verification tools to ensure data collection is effectively organised and coordinate with the verification department on mutual ways of collecting monitoring data during verification visits and annual reporting.
4. Input to other related processes:
- Support through analyzing verification data and investigating on how the data contributes to specific technical issues.
- Support in the preparation and execution of impact studies.
- Contribute to 4C commissioned evaluation study by means of research methodology development.
- Participate in joint impact related projects in relation to data management on request.
Profile and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in a relevant subject (Agriculture Economics, Social Sciences with Research Methods), preferably with additional qualifications in Statistics or Database Technology.
- Extensive working experience with databases (SQL), familiarity with Odoo or OpenERP is an asset.
- Optional: Database programming, statistics software (SPSS, R statistics software), Python programming.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel [advanced], PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical background, Can-do approach.
- Ability to work in an international team.
- Pro-active, diligent working style and passion for details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset.