CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. The emphasis throughout CBM’s work is on local capacity development in poorer communities of the world. These programmes increase disability-inclusive service delivery in the fields of healthcare, education, rehabilitation, disaster risk reduction, and livelihood development as well as organisational development of partner organisations. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
About the Role
As part of the Institutional Donors Team, the Project Development Officer(s) will be leading on establishing and maintaining a proposal pipeline with the EU as well as USAID. In addition, the team is exploring other international institutional funding opportunities to support CBM’s crucial work in Community-Based Inclusive Development and Inclusive Eye Health.
In this position, the officers will be liaising directly with country and regional teams as well as with technical advisors to support their proposal writing and excellent representation of CBM’s work on the ground in order to get funding in a highly competitive arena.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop proposals and grant applications for co-financed projects and prepare them ready for submission
- Maintaining contacts with the respective donors and collaborate closely with the regional and country offices and the technical advisors in assessing funding opportunities, project ideas and developing proposals
- Develop the donor portfolio (Focus International)
- Close cooperation with the other institutional fundraising departments as well as the project managers in the implementation and reporting on the funded projects
- Close cooperation with CBM initiatives
- Contribute to the development and setup of the infrastructure for new donors
Skills and Experience
- Experience in the development and/or management (including M&E) of third-party funded projects and in dealing with institutional donors (EU, UN, USAID, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial thinking and pleasure in actively contributing to the development of the portfolio of projects and donors
- Good language skills in English as well as French and/or Spanish
- Practical experience in development cooperation, including abroad, is of advantage
- Willingness to travel on business to development cooperation partner countries
- Flexible team player