Team Leader Health Systems
Ipas is a global non-profit organization that works to achieve a world where every woman and girl has the right and the ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health. Working with local, national and global associations, Ipas seeks to ensure that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights, with a focus on increased access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Health Systems Team Leader is responsible for leadership of Ipas Mexico Health Systems team and programs, working towards the mission and vision of Ipas with the Health Systems team. They will strengthen the pool of clinical trainers and ensure that the curriculum and methodologies are properly followed. The person will provide supportive supervision for a team of reproductive health professionals, ensuring strong strategic and project planning, implementation, program development, and growth. Alongside solid project management practices, high quality programing, and strong partnerships they will contribute to progress reviews and any problem-solving required for the Health Systems program and the Ipas Mexico portfolio. They also serve as the project leader for assigned projects and play a key role in securing new funding. The person is a member of the Ipas Mexico leadership team and represents Ipas with government counterparts, donors and other partners.
- Contribute to the Ipas Mexico strategic plan, annual organizational planning and individual project planning.
- Lead the Health Systems team, ensuring strong individual and team performance, adequate staff capacity, compliance with Ipas policies and minimum standards, and proper delegation of responsibilities.
- Ensure strong project management for all Health System projects, including clear work plans and budgets, as well as regular project progress reviews and problem resolution as necessary.
- Serve as an active member of the Ipas Mexico leadership team, contributing to the review and strengthening of the entire portfolio of Ipas Mexico, collaborating with other departments to ensure strong business systems, working to increase funding, and contributing to strong results that meet the Ipas vision and mission.
- Lead selected projects using good project management practices.
- Ensure the quality of all programs, curricula, materials of Health Systems, working closely with other team members including the Senior Clinical Advisor to ensure compliance with Ipas, Mexico and global standards.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and partnerships in Mexico, especially with governmental counterparts and donors.
- Ensure excellent capacity and performance of all Health Systems staff, consultants and trainers.
- A strong personal commitment to improve women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Deep understanding of sexual and reproductive health, especially safe abortion and contraception services, and a solid understanding of the Mexican context
- Excellent representational skills, including communication and advocacy skills, particularly in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender, human rights, public health, and related areas.
- Experience in leading professional teams, including for strategic planning
- Strong problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with partners, especially government counterparts and donors.
- Knowledge and experience in project management, including project design, work planning, budgeting, and monitoring.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, medicine, business, nonprofit management, international development, or related studies preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of increasing responsibility in team leadership and program management, preferably in an health-focused global NGO
- Successful stewardship of funds and ensuring strong project management systems.
- Native Spanish speaker; Professional fluency English preferred
- Mexican citizen preferred
- Travel: Up to 33% (domestic and international)