About Purpose/Here Now
Here Now accelerates and builds the ambition of equitable climate solutions through working with a growing and diverse family of partners, from social movements to leading multinational businesses, faith communities to media and creative networks. Here Now is building a movement of people working towards clean energy solutions, and creating change through providing cutting-edge digital, social and cultural strategy.
About the Role
Here Now is seeking a Director to develop its portfolio of partnerships and incubations, support and manage a global team of campaigners, and support the long-term growth of the Climate Lab. Candidates should have a world-class track record of making change, and excellent strategy, management and networking capabilities. They should have experience of running campaigns, managing diverse, highly skilled and multi-disciplinary teams, and overseeing a portfolio of several large projects running in parallel.
Experience of management and leadership in a relevant campaigns, strategy, communications or public affairs organization is essential. A passion for climate change, energy, environment or related issues is required, while expertise in these areas is desired but not essential. Other capabilities of interest include digital campaigning, strategic communications, policy and political strategy, social marketing, consumer engagement, product development or community organizing.
Candidates should be highly entrepreneurial, agile and innovative, able to spot breakout opportunities and to lead on executing high-impact partnerships and projects.
- Work with senior team members to build, prototype, and launch new online and offline campaigns on climate and accelerate the most promising existing efforts.
- Play a role in the development and constant refinement of Purpose’s model of acceleration and creation, addressing questions such as: How do we assess which projects are the most impactful? How do we create quantum and not just incremental change?
- Manage a transnational campaigning team, likely to include team members in the US, EU, India, and Brazil.
- Integrate into the partner outreach process and identify engagement opportunities for campaign collaboration, as well as new initiatives that align with the climate policy framework.
- Execute on a monitoring and evaluation system that tracks KPIs and connects campaign outputs to real world impact.
- Build and foster relationships with key players in the climate space including potential partners and allies.
At least 7-10 years of experience that includes some combination of:
- Digital campaigning/organizing.
- Developing and executing campaigns across channels, including earned and paid media, content-led strategies, and direct action.
- Significant management and team-building experience in a campaigning context.
- Some experience in the climate change space is strongly preferred, but we are open to candidates with a strong and nuanced point of view on how to reinvigorate the climate movement and significant experience on other major global issues.
- Experience running iterative, agile, and/or lean campaigns that emphasize experimentation and scaling of success, ideally within a technology context.
- Experience running global or multi-country campaigns, including managing a team in multiple countries.
- Established relationships with key climate advocacy groups, including experience working in partnership.
- Background in political advocacy, organizing, digital activism, public policy, or related field.
- Experience managing large-scale digital projects from concept through execution.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge and execution of best practices in online organizing, including large-budget creative campaign development.
- A keen understanding of growth and list-building tactics and a successful and verifiable track record of building an engaged following.
- Able to combine high-level strategy and analytical thinking with tactical creativity and flair.
- Experience with major donor and micro-donor fundraising.
- Highly collaborative, principled and a delight to work with.