This is an exciting opportunity to take a key role in developing and delivering World Animal Protection’s high impact “Wildlife Not Entertainers” campaign which is transforming the global travel industry’s treatment of wild animals, and exposing the cruelties of wildlife entertainment. You will manage priority campaign activities to deliver strategic campaign objectives with teams across the world.
About World Animal Protection
World Animal Protection is a truly global organisation, working in over 50 countries across the world, with offices in every continent. Their vision is a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended. They protect animals because they believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
About the Role
The Global Campaign Manager leads the implementation and tactical delivery of the global campaign, working with country offices to develop inspiring and innovative projects, and implementing the campaign strategy. They support the Global Head of the “Wildlife Not Entertainers” campaign to develop and coordinate campaign strategies and activities, as well as leading the coordination and delivery of global projects.
Purpose of the Role
The Global Campaign Manager plays a key role in the integrated global campaign team, working with colleagues from different functions and countries. They are responsible for promoting a culture of campaigning to help increase World Animal Protection’s impact, influence and profile, and supporting colleagues to do the same.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Campaign, the global virtual campaign team and all other internal stakeholders, including issue experts and other global Campaign Managers, to develop innovative projects for the global campaign capable of meeting World Animal Protection’s strategic campaign goals.
- Maintain relationships with a network of external stakeholders and internal audiences (including public fora, the media, political, economic and other actors) relevant to the execution of the global campaign and specific project objectives, including those relating to brand, communications, fundraising and resource management.
- Responsible for creating annual global campaign project plans and budgets in collaboration with key internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with Project Managers in providing and coordinating regular updates on campaign progress to ensure accurate and timely quarterly reporting and campaign impact evaluation.
- Carry out administrative duties; including budget management, contract development, event management, monitoring and evaluation and any other tasks as reasonably requested.
- Liaison with colleagues to generate content to support fundraising, communication and governance requirements to help build the organisation’s profile, attract and retain supporters, and raise funds.
- Contribute to a learning culture and create a positive working environment for staff.
- The post holder will be required to travel internationally to provide support to or participate in World Animal Protection’s activities.
- Perform additional tasks for other wildlife campaigns as required, depending on the organisational priorities.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced and highly motivated campaigner, with a track record of planning, delivering and evaluating projects to deliver specific campaign outcomes.
- Experience in the design and delivery of impactful (preferably global) campaigns that have achieved change.
- Experience in the operational and tactical delivery of (preferably global) projects to a high standard, with evidence of strategic goal achievement.
- Team player with excellent project management and coordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams.
- Strong communicator, able to constructively engage and influence external and internal stakeholders, to develop and deliver project solutions.
- First class analytical and decision-making skills – able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including written and spoken English.
- Experience of creating and managing budgets.
- Works well under pressure.
- Flexible to undertake international travel.
Educated to degree level is preferable
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues or experience of conservation or environmental issues.
- Experience of working effectively with colleagues and external stakeholders in different countries and different cultural contexts.
- High level of awareness of global and regional social, economic, political and environmental issues relevant to animal welfare.
- Experience of matrix management in a medium/large sized organisation.
- Experience of working in an international NGO environment.