About World Animal Protection
For the past thirty years, World Animal Protection has used its collective skills and knowledge to move individuals, organizations and governments to transform the lives of animals.
World Animal Protection believes that the fate of animals rests with people, and that championing the wellbeing of animals is a vital solution to global challenges. Working in more than fifty countries, the organisation moves the world to protect animals as both a local priority and an international concern and aligns its work and behaviours to Four Moves: Act now, Aim high, Get creative and Look around.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this role is to provide leadership, oversight and management of the campaigns programme to ensure that is delivered in an effective manner and contributes to World Animal Protection’s global strategy.
Position in Organization
- Reports to Country Director – Thailand.
- Works closely with Asia Pacific Campaign Director and Asia Pacific Programmes Manager, (as appropriate).
- Works closely with Thai country staff.
- Liaises with external stakeholders including governments, IGOs, Universities and NGOs in national and international level.
Scope of Job
- Programmes and Campaigns management.
- Project management.
- Internal and external liaison and coordination.
- Quality assurance.
- Reporting and budgeting.
Dimensions and Limits of Authority
- Responsible for delivery of Programmes and Campaigns Management in Thailand.
- Responsible for the delivery of project management in Thailand.
- Responsible for ensuring project budgets managed effectively (planning and monitoring).
Duties and Key Responsibilities
Programmes and campaigns development (35%):
- Lead development of projects that deliver global programmes and campaigns in Thailand.
- Track dependencies between projects within the ‘responsibility’ programme.
- Implement effective mechanisms for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on projects.
- Provide timely reports and updates to the Country Director.
- Facilitate effective input from in particular Communications and Fundraising into programmes and campaigns projects.
- Liaise with World Animal Protection Asia Pacific staff to ensure a coordinated approach to the campaign.
Project management (30%):
- Assist in preparing project proposals and implementation plan with stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure effective delivery of projects in Thailand ensuring that objectives are met in a timely manner and on budget.
- Provide timely project reports to the Country Director as needed.
- Build and maintain effective relationships as required in the delivery of the projects.
- Manage consultants and contractors effectively.
Internal and external liaison and coordination (10%):
- Build and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders.
- Participate and actively contribute in partnership forums, working groups and networks related to animal welfare work.
Reporting and budgeting (20%):
- Ensure regular and effective reporting as required by Country Director.
- Working collaboratively with the Asia Pacific Team to develop budgetary proposals for projects in Thailand as required.
- Monitor project expenditure against budget.
Quality assurance (5%):
- Support country staff in ensuring adherence to World Animal Protection policies, protocols, and standards.
- Ensure consistent and high quality project delivery across projects in Thailand.
- Support the Country Director in addressing alignment, compliance and quality issues, and needs of country team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years working in a programme or project management post.
- Proven experience in campaign and project management including project preparation, development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to lead and inspire multi-disciplined teams and build strong constructive relationships with other departments at all levels.
- Experience working internationally and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong knowledge of socio-economic, political, environmental and animal welfare issues.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining positive relationships with diverse external stakeholders in order to create change.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and organizational skills.
- Comfortable and competent working with national government, local government, local group.
- Excellent communications skills (written, oral and presentation both Thai and English).
- Previous experience with budgeting and financial management.
- Flexible to travel at short notice.
- Highly organised, ability to work to strict deadlines.
- IT/computer literate using Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Other training certifications helpful, e.g. PCM, Logframe and etc.
- Fluent in conversational and written English.