Head of Global Campaigns
About WWF International
WWF is the world’s largest independent conservation organisation, with over 30 million followers and a global network active in nearly 100 countries. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which people live in harmony with nature.
WWF does this by:
- conserving the world’s biological diversity;
- ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable;
- promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF is a credible and trusted global brand, committed to acting with integrity, transparency and accountability, and honouring diversity in the organisation. WWF is known for its robust, science-based approach and willingness to stand up for nature. While focusing on the impact on the ground, WWF simultaneously works by engaging in powerful and influential partnerships with the institutions and businesses that matter in moving policy and practice towards sustainability. The brand essence is ‘together possible’.
WWF believes that tackling the planetary emergency requires organisations to think and act bigger and faster – helping the world pull together to deliver a New Deal with science-based targets that address the crisis facing people and nature.
About WWF Campaigns Team
The global campaigns team is responsible for identifying, designing and implementing conservation-driven campaigns and key initiatives while mobilising the WWF network around them. The department develops campaigns that align national, regional and global approaches to the conservation work of WWF, fosters best-practice skills sharing and capacity-building and promotes a culture of campaigning within the WWF network. Crucially, this team serves as a cross-cutting department that ensures our work drives conservation impact, supports communications and influences policy.
About the Role
The Global Campaigns Head is responsible for leading all facets of global campaigns, including project management of communication and advocacy resources and coordinating implementation of activities by the global network. A successful campaign Head will understand the balance between being externally driven and operating within a secretariat structure and the diverse global membership it serves.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and delivery of WWF’s global conservation-focused campaigns and key initiatives, including implementation of work plans, coordination with Network Offices and key departments in the secretariat;
- Work directly with Practice Leaders and senior network leadership in creating high profile campaigns and initiatives that will drive global policy and communications.
- Ensure network offices align to the Network Executive Team’s approved campaigns and regularly report on risks and opportunities that occur within the campaign;
- Oversee the development of tools, content and products such as advocacy packs, presentations and other briefing materials for internal and external use;
- Leverages and supports network capacity to deliver campaigns and key initiatives aligned with WWF’s global goals;
- Regularly report on the progress of the flagship campaign, and work proactively to overcome obstacles to ensure goals and objectives are met;
- Develop and manages campaign budgets;
- Lead a small support team in key campaign countries and coordinated campaign actions across an average of 10 – 20 network offices;
- Work across multiple disciplines with strong links to conservation, communications and policy in a global environment.
Skills and Experience
- At least six years of proven experience developing and implementing campaign strategies, including advocacy campaigns targeting government and/or corporations within national, international or high-profile organisations;
- Experience in working with executive-level leadership and in providing those leaders with guidance on how to maximise impact through campaigns;
- Demonstrated leadership, including the ability to work across various sectors while delivering focused campaigns that address clear targets;
- Expertise in campaigning techniques, policies, strategies, target audience analysis, structure and impact;
- Collaborative, innovative campaigner mindset that is driven toward solution centred campaign management;
- Ability to work within a globally diverse organisation and core team;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly to a wide variety of audiences across diverse channels;
- Demonstrated experience in mobilising public engagement and communications around campaigns;
- Expertise in campaigning techniques such as policy development, strategy, target audience analysis, etc.;
- Long-term planning and analytical skills, as well as demonstrated ability to multitask and work effectively to tight deadlines without compromising quality;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Fluent English is essential; other languages would be an asset;
- Comfortable with travel between various campaign priority locations;
- Embraces the WWF mission and values of the organisation: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand characteristics: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined, and Engaging.