Regional HR Partner
For 50 years, WWF has been protecting the future of nature. The world’s leading conservation organization, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by 1.2 million members in the United States and close to 5 million globally. WWF’s unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.
Mission Talent has been tasked by WWF Asia Pacific with providing an exclusive search for the position of Regional HR Partner.
Mission of the Department
To drive and implement a Network strategy to embed Human Resources, People Development and Organization Development as key components of WWF’s business.
- Provides strategic HR guidance and support to WWF International’s Programme Offices (POs) in the region under the supervision of the Director, People and Organisational Development based in the Secretariat;
- Implements best-practice policies for talent acquisition and retention, compensation and benefits, staff development, performance management and leadership development;
- Working closely with Regional HR Directors/Managers, monitors HR standards in each office and ensures continuous flow of management data and information between offices and the Secretariat;
- Provides input to the objective-setting, and performance evaluation of the Regional HR Directors/Managers and is active in coaching and advising them.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes the lead at the regional level for the implementation of WWF International’s HR Strategy;
- Communicates/promotes People & Organization Development policies and procedures in the region and helps align all POs in their use;
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating HR Services in the PO offices and recommending improvements;
- Plays an advisory role in the formulation of the HR Strategy for Offices and the development of their HR function.
- Provides input and guidance on the objectives for the senior HR professional in each Programme Office; provides feedback on the senior HR Professional’s performance to their line managers; coaches and develops the senior HR managers in the POs;
- Responsible for identifying WWF International’s talents at the regional level, ensuring the creation and actioning of development plans and facilitating career development;
- Provides support and guidance to offices on the Total Rewards Strategy;
- Builds HR capacity on request;
- Supports the recruitment of key regional and country level roles in liaison with local HR and the senior management team;
- Facilitates and enables the successful implementation of the new performance management system in all offices;
- Provides expert advice on organisational change issues and change management;
- Assists in the roll-out of the HRIS system;
- In collaboration with regional HR Directors, prepares reports using key HR indicators with recommendations on how to enhance organizational performance;
- Back stops the HR function in case of capacity gap in any of the regional/country level offices;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, People and Organisational Development;
- MBA or a professional Human Resources qualification or equivalent tertiary education;
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in Human Resources ideally with experience in dealing with HR issues in the region.
Required Skills an Competencies
- Excellent combination of being strategic as well as hands on as and when required;
- Proven interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- Meticulous with keen attention to detail;
- Able to identify and provide solutions which benefit the organization;
- Positive attitude and an organized approach to work;
- Willing to travel extensively and demonstrates interest in conservation;
- Perfect written and spoken English and any other regional language will be an asset;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined, Engaging.